What spark plug do you use/recommend?

26 posts in this topic

I use the NGK Laser Platinum CR9EKPA 7785

I use the same thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use the NGK Laser Platinum CR9EKPA 7785

2013-01-22_21-22-14_67.jpg

2013-01-22_21-23-22_354.jpg

I run the same plug....one might ask why......it's cause it's been successful. Cuervo tested and approved, that's good enough for me!

I think mine is a CR8EK? LOL I'd have to look again.Why? I'm running E85 and read somewhere that's the plug to use... LOL It might have all of a minute run time on it so far... LOL

JCH, just a rule of thumb, hotter engine, cooler plug. But ya still have to read it to determine if it's right for your engine though.

The cooler plug they stock helps keep head temp down and regulated . More resistance to detonation with the increased.compression.... The CR8ekpa works better on the e85 builds allowing them to keep more temp and work up a bit faster... More resistant to cold fouling

What do you guys think of the NGK CR8EIX?

That is the iridium plug if i am not midtaken. Just fitted one today. Starts well, idles well. Went for a ride around the block to warm oil up to change it. So far so good.

Is everyone running that plug with or without the plug wire mod done?? Just curious cause they say it gives off more spark, and didn't know if a colder plug like the one everyone is running, is the best or is another better??

Is this plug wire mod/Laser platinum plug worth the effort and $12 a plug for a bone stock 700? What will this help or hurt?

Also is this something worth doing AFTER the big 3 are already done?

Any alternatives to the CR9EKPA? Tried getting some from several local part stores and they are out of stock from NGK.

Running 14:1 compression with VP110

Just unscrewed the old plug wire out of coil. Then I got a 8mm single wire with 115 degree boot from auto zone for $8 or so. Then cut the one boot that wouldn't be used off and cut wire to length. Used utility knife to shave a little of rubber on outside of the wire down so could screw into coil. You will need the top off an old spark plug to use with this style plug boot. As pictured.

B8DD91C9-AC8A-4B79-AE91-E10DCCF113E5_zps

I'm thinking about doing this as well, I think it'll work well with the ethanol, did you notice any difference?