Sign in to follow this  
Cuervo Racing

HOW TO: Speed limiter bypass . no cutting or splicing wires

12 posts in this topic

First off id like to thank "DIZZLEHANDA" for figuring this out and  "PACIFIC BARBARIAN" from bring this to the public attention... i can't believe its taken this long for someone to see it but it has

By removing the CLUTCH SWITCH from the perch and simply zip tie it up out of harms way you will bypass the speed limiter!!!

The Speed Limiter is a SAFETY feature allowing the bike to have full power in 5th gear but only until a pre determined speed is reached due to tire specifications and other factors. The speed sensor/computer then Pulls timing and as a result power drops significantly

Many of you with aftermarket clutch levers have already done this or may have just removed the switch completely, the trick is to leave the switch attached to the wire harness to complete the circuit.

******The OEM clutch switch is a SAFETY feature allowing the bike to start in gear when the lever is pulled in Only, perform at your own risk!*****

CLutch switch:

20131001_154050_LLS_zpsa19b1300.jpg

Lock tab to switch on bottom of perch (push)

20131001_154143_LLS_zpseba7dc35.jpg

switch remover from perch (now zip tie to something out of the way)

20131001_154208_LLS_zpsb458a05c.jpg

HP no longer falls off and more MPH is achievable in 5th GEAR

These graphs are back to back so some variation in HP due to heat soak

ClutchSwitchMod_zps9257ed69.png

Thanks Daniel, very nice write up and dyno proven!

But the credit does not belong to me. Member on RF, I think Jasonp700r figured it out from the electrical diagram. I then confirmed it, cause at the time I recently installed ASV levers and noticed I was doing in excess of 120kmh. At the time I did not know what to do with the switch, so I just left it connected and tied it up under the plastics onto the frame! Unknowingly at the time, I bypassed the speed sensor! But Jasonp700r was the brain behind it. I just did it by accident and confirmed that it worked. Then started telling people about it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

I am here guys.  Love this place!  Thanks!  I try and tell everyone I can not to cut the freaking wire to the ecu as it this is a much "nicer" way of doing it.  Great job by Daniel as always. -Jasonp

Hi i have a dynatek programmable ignition on mine which i think it already bypasses this ? Would i create any issues if i tried this mod too? I have it set on curve 2 at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you cut the switch off and splice the wires together ? (the switch removed from clutch lever)

i unplugged my switch so it will only start in nuetral does it still have the effect or do i need to plug it back in and just zip tie it somehwere