Sign in to follow this  
MidwayUSA

Wider a-arms

6 posts in this topic

I have been looking into wider a-arms for our Raptor 350. With the flipped wheels the bump steer gets my 10 year old into trouble. He doesn't have the arm strength to overcome some things we encounter trail riding. Anyway I was looking at Full Flight because they offer a +3. I don't care for the heim ball joints and at the frame. Lots of people have recommended ASR because the offer regular ball joints and heims on the upper arms only. The two brands are pretty close in price. Like I said I like the idea of +3 width, but not sure of reliability of the heim joints in the sand.

My first set of wider arms were from ASR, they have pretty reasonable prices and seem to be well built. I think they offer arms that have no heims at all. When I was looking I was told to stay away from the full-flight just because of the heims.

Well I ended up getting some used Full Flights on E-Bay. Just hated the thought of over $400 for arms for the 350. Got these used for $217 shipped then bought one new pivot pin setup for $18.95 to replace a bent one. They weren't my first choice, but the price made it seem better. I doubt my 10 year old will beat them up too much.

By the way drewheid we are headed to Waynoka next weekend. Gonna be a hot bitch down there, but it was the only time our group could all go. The guy I ride down with has an AC for his trailer so we may hang out there and drink beer till the temps cool down in the evening.

Got the arms. They weren't as nice as I had hoped but we will get them coated later. One pivot pin was bent and I ordered a new one the same day I bought the arms. The post office dropped the ball and it didn't show up like it was supposed to. I was trying to get it together for a ride for the weekend so I tried to straighten the bent one. Well it broke. So I grabbed some steel and whittled one out real quick in our lathe at work. It will do till the new one gets here in a few days. Anyway here are some progress pics.

P6141877_zpse931c9c5.jpg

P6151883_zps6ec6e401.jpg

rap_full_flight_arms_zps22c9209f.jpg

Wow that 350 looked very tippy before the arms, nice outcome though

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wow that 350 looked very tippy before the arms, nice outcome though

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That is even with the front wheels flipped. You should have seen it in stock configuration when I got it.