Sign in to follow this  
Cuervo Racing

Complete How TO: Raptor 700 OIL MOD ...Ninja Warrior status Not required!

19 posts in this topic

Here is How u can do a " OIL MOD " on the Raptor 700 , very similar as the yfz have been done for many years////

This May help prolong rod life by adding additional oil to the Wrist pin...also will aid in Piston cooling for Race applications which may reduce the potential for Rod failure

things u need:

3/16 or slightly larger drill bit

one Mikuni Pilot Jet #70 thru #80 (available at most bike shops)

#19 drill bit

5mm x .8 tap

Snap punch

Moderate Mechanical skill

Common Sense

*Remove Clutch Cover, and cylinder/piston

*locate oil passage

*drill 3/16 hole a MAX depth of 1-3/16 measured from machined face(mark the bit with tape or paint marker), ... Center punch and Drill approx 1/4 below casting step.

*drill Sprayer Jet hole at appropriate angle to spray center of piston using #19 bit... Aimed at the 3/16 hole u just drilled will create a Thru passage, use the threaded hole(pictured with allen bolt in it) as a distance reference

*clean throughly

*reassemble motor

DSC00589-1_zps964bfa2b.jpg

IMAG0212_zps57cd237b.jpg

DSC00590-1_zps24defeba.jpg

DSC00592_zps2fe0077c.jpg

DSC00596_zpsb41ff044.jpg

DSC00690_zpsbcee143c.jpg

Use #19 Drill bit and drill and tap sprayer hole, Only Tap 5 full threads for Jet depth

DSC00682_zps5acfae2c.jpg

Apply a small amount of Loctite to jet threads and screw in Jet,  take Snap punch to edge of aluminum around jet to dimple thread to prevent the jet from loosening

DSC00688_zps0f0b2651.jpg

Excellent how-to Daniel. I seen this on MR but wasnt wanting to send case of to have done, and tot hanks to you don't have to now. Again Thanks but I do have a question. I understand everything up to drilling the .030-,040 hole, are you drilling the little hole into the big hole (connecting the two). Or just drilling down the distance of the threaded hole to left of the big hole just drilled. To help me out maybe a pic with some dotted lines on it of the small hole. I getting ready to have my cases split by a shop if they don't understand I will probably have the call you to do this. Sorry for confusing on my part...

Again thanks Daniel.

Yes drilling to connect to the 3/16 hole.... the 3/16 hole is drilled Straight down nearly thru the case, parallel with the threaded hole (shown with allen head bolt in it).

Yes drilling to connect to the 3/16 hole.... the 3/16 hole is drilled Straight down nearly thru the case, parallel with the threaded hole (shown with allen head bolt in it).

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to be clear.

DL you should had me do this before I put motor back together and the plate.........

brad

the Plates werent done yet Brad, and your piston will be nice and cool with that E85 anyways, so not really necessary

:yelrotflmao::funny: LOVE the "don't break the drill bit" part!

hahaha yeah ... ill be posting an update and pictures using a Jet instead... cus the bit is much larger

I want to give a big thank you this was a awesome write up I just did this today on my 700 it was super easy thanks again :)

I know this is an old post but the pictures are gone. Could you possibly post a link to them or update this thread. I appreciate the work you put into this write-up, Daniel. Thank you.