Sign in to follow this  
Surfrjag

bigger carb options

14 posts in this topic

I bought a head with port work and billet intakes.. they are not spaced the same as stock and I figured I might want to upgrade anyways. what are some options for larger carbs for the 660 and where can I find them?

39mm FCR or 35mm FCR carbs are the upgrade you do to a 660. Sudco is the importer that sells tge carbs. Used is usually cheaper but I know Terry Gesick use to sell them on ebay a lot so he may be a good obe to call.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Raptor-660-FCR-Carburetors-39mm-Carb-Kit-/221193014890?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380218e6a&vxp=mtr

Here is a new set that Gesick is selling. On Raptorforum is where most of the 660 guys are and if your not in a hurry sometimes a set will pop up on there at a better price. Seen them sell from $300-600 range. Just know that if you get the one from gesick that it will have the large spigots and a thumb throttle cable and not a twist. I got a set from sudco(New but 2nd hand) set up for a 660 but it came with the small spigots and twist throttle. By the time I got a thumb throttle(YFZ cable) and the Spigots I was into it more then what gesick is asking for his. Also WillyKiller on RF has used 2 single FCR's and set it up to run like the ones you get that are tied together as a single carb can be had cheap where the twin carbs for the 660 are stupid expensive. Would have to contact him on how he did it but he is good about helping but don't like to put it out on the open net. He also may even have a used set for sale. He does lots of cool stuff to 660's still.

Also what kind of pipe you running? Sometimes the carb won't clear on them and will need to be dented slightly.

Kenz Cycle Tech had billet intakes that took 41 or 44mm lectrons.  Worked really well on the bigger motors.

gotflow_zps7b795242.gif

I got a 52mm lectron....I'm sure you can all guess who I got it from!!! :)

Be fun to try 52's if you could get the head opened up enough for 2.  Dont think anyone has a cam that would support that much air, but it would be fun to try!

I would go fcr if your not doing 100% drag racing. Lectrons do a good job of dumping a lot of fuel and air but that isnt necessarly the best thing if your doing on and off the throttle riding.