Sign in to follow this  
JAE700R

n/a vs turbo

46 posts in this topic

One drawback of the turbo is the need to produce enough excess engine gases to spool the turbo. At low rpms, small engines sometimes do not produce enough exhaust gas to create usable boost. Consequently, there is a delay -- called turbo lag -- when the unit must build up enough energy to pressurize the intake charge. Proper turbo sizing and tuning can mitigate this issue, but there is no way to completely eliminate turbo lag.

This just feels right that my first posts on this new forum are on a turbo vs. n/a thread.  I think this was meant to be

I like turbo bikes.. Some look sick as hell but i prefer all motor! Oh and i like giving turblow guys shit haha.

turbo ! theres no lag in drag !! antilag launch,WOT the whole way.

cam timing, ignition timing,, compressor/turbine housing, wheel designs/sizing, piping length/size, so much you can do to minimize lag, but like anything, if you want up there, youre going to lose some down there. 

nothing aids spool like a small hit of n2o ;)

Troy's Dos Equis guy and Bretts D7 snail are the best yet :lol: You guys just dont give some people a break haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

that's not my dos equis guy, I think Brett made that.  I saw it on the chatbox the other day and snagged it up.  It's pretty funny though.

Some funny shit here I don't hate either I loved pipos bike, and Langfords bike is turning just as good, beastie bike is sick as well. But then again there are some sick n/a bikes as well it all depends on your cup of tea